Fans Speak Out

Full Version: Bradly says Semin: ‘just doesn’t care’
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Former Washington teammate Matt Bradley provided a harsh critique of Alexander Semin's performance in the 2011 NHL Playoffs.
Bradley, who signed with the the Florida Panthers in July as an unrestricted free agent, was asked to describe the discipline problems the club faced without naming names, but he revealed his disappointment in Semin. "I don't mind saying Alexander Semin's name, because he's one guy who has so much talent, he could easily be the best player in the league, and just for whatever reason, just doesn't care." Bradley also told Ottawa radio station TEAM 1200 that the Capitals' locker room was, "a little bit too nonchalant."

Update, 4 p.m.: Alexander Semin's agent, Mark Gandler, responded to Matt Bradley’s comments, telling The Post’s Tarik El-Bashir: “Alex always cares, no question. I am privy to private conversations. I know how much he cares.”

Source: Capitals Insider
Semin = Kovalev 2.0
his body of work in the playoffs says it all.
File this under the "No shit, Sherlock" category.

Also gotta wonder how many of Bradley's former teammates share his opinion of Semin?
(08-18-2011 08:10 PM)Spector Wrote: [ -> ]File this under the "No shit, Sherlock" category.
LMAO, I know! Smile

(08-18-2011 08:10 PM)Spector Wrote: [ -> ]Also gotta wonder how many of Bradley's former teammates share his opinion of Semin?
I'd wager about 90% of them. The other 10% being of the same mindset as Semin himself.
what surprised me was that the story of Semin's agent was so contrary to the negative comment from Bradly. I mean, it's not like the agent has anything to gain from Semin being viewed positively (or lose from him being viewed negatively, depending on how you look at it) right? ... Oh wait... no... that's not right at all. Big Grin
I think Semin is one of the more detestable players in the league. It's so frustrating when someone with so much talent plays the game with so little heart. That's what basketball is for. Hockey is a game of pride and guys like Semin take away from that.

Also, I have haaated Semin after his fight with Staal.
Another embarrassment to the league. I truly don't believe Washington will ever win a cup as long as he is a part of the top 6.
Ha. Gandler says Semin "always cares"... About what?? Certainly not winning games or his teammates. His bank balance? Sure, I'll buy that.
Former Capital teammate David Steckel on Bradley's comments:

“I don't have anything to say on what Brads said except that he was spot on. He mentioned Ovi, too, just not on a negative side. He hit it on the head for both guys."
I recently watched an interview with Mike Green (on TSN.ca) and he also spoke about what Bradley had said about Semin. Green said it's something the team will address in the locker room. Don't quote me as it's been about a week since I watched it but he basically said; We all want to win, if someone isn't on board and contributing 100%, they'll deal with it internally.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's